Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Video Announcements

My good friend, Brian Davis gave me an idea. He recently did a post about video announcements, and I've come to realize that Crossroads Church does things a little differently.

We don't do a spokesperson per se; we do an announcements package. Each week, we feature a different department head and his or her spouse doing a welcome video, which leads into our announcements (which are in commercial spot form), then back to our couple who then further welcome the visitors.

Once a month, we have a special newcomers welcome, and we have an ending video that speaks to our newcomers, and let's them know how to attend the reception. Perhaps, one day, I'll post how we use all of those couples videos (once we were done, there were 40 different versions in all - 8 couples with five different videos each. Yikes!).

Basically, our church is where we debut all Crossroads Creative pieces. They're our first audience!

Anyway, here's the announcement package from this past weekend, featuring our Accounting Director and her husband.


The Kaleo piece is from LifeChurch.tv. Our associate pastor is doing that series on Wednesday nights in February. A generic version of the baptism piece is available here, and the Annual Church Business Meeting spot is available here.

So what do you do at your church? How do you handle announcing all of your big events to your congregation?

2 comments:

Quebedeaux said...

you tricked me!! With the title I was hoping to see the old Video Announcements intro with David in the white suit!!!!! Now I am sad

Richard Gaspard said...

Rachel,

If I have my way, those videos will NEVER be put up on this blog. Not even David's white suit.

Not even the one where we woke Jeremy at 6:00 am for his birthday.

Not even the one where Jeff sang a revised version of "Barney," just to get the kids to sell candy.

Not even Jason saying "They're only a dollar for a buck! Uh...I mean...a buck for a candy"

Not even Danny stuffing himself at the Chinese buffet.

On second thought, maybe I should...