Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I found this little gem when I was searching for some files the other day. I had totally forgotten about it.

I did all of the gut-string acoustic parts on my 6-string bass, plus we added in a solo section, so I could show that I can play more than just root-fifth!

Anyway, hope you enjoy it. I've lost about 20 or so pounds since then (this was 2005), and we now record with audience mics (trust me...there was uproarious applause when I was done). Also, we now use in-ear monitors (I had forgotten how UGLY floor wedges are!).

I hope all you dads out there have a great Father's Day. Be good to your daughters!

5 comments:

Quebedeaux said...

Beautiful.. I could hear the applause!!

BTW who was the cute girl sitting in your shadow????

Richard Gaspard said...

Do you know how INCREDIBLY hard it is to keep her in my shadow!?

Janet McLeod said...

Happy Father's Day! Sounds like you know the secret to raising daughters (That's Bob's mantra, by the way - he was featured in a local article about "dating your daughters" recently.) Good message.

Christian M said...

Man it was so good to see you highlighted. I remeber what you could do in the college days and now when I catch Crossroads your kind of in the back ground. I been waiting for them to let you come to the foreground and rip some six string solos. I think you should be featured more often. Great singing and one of my favorite songs. A++

Kuldeep Singh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.