Friday, June 27, 2008

Milestones

Well, the Relevant Church Media blog has hit a milestone: 1000 views.

Thanks to all who have visited my blog since its inception. Looking back through my archives, I'm noticing that I tend to stray a bit from he subject of "relevant church media," so future posts will undoubtedly include this subject more often.

OK, so I haven't really posted a lot lately. It's just been crazy-busy 'round here. Crossroads Creative is (still) in the process of its rebranding, and we're very close to choosing a logo design. The funny thing is, in test-marketing (thanks to all who responded), the overwhelming favorite (by a 2:1 margin over the next-highest scorer) is a design that I'm not too keen on.

This situation perplexes me, because I really want to love my new logo right out of the gate. I had convinced myself (with the help of an arm-wrangling ad agency) that our current logo would grow on me, but it hasn't. I actually find it repulsive. Maybe the aforementioned arm-wrangling had a negative effect, and I'm in secret rebellion. But that's another post...

So here's my question:  what would you do? Do you trust the opinions of those chosen at random who've given you their honest opinion, or do you just do what you want anyway, shirking their advice? If a brand resonates with consumers, do you go with them, or your own tastes?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust your peeps, especially your wife who actually came up with the design.

Aha! Maybe that's why you don't like it.

Sorry, hunny, people just like me and think I have good ideas. Don't be jealous! You're design's cool too.

I think you're cool and creative no matter what design is chosen for Crossroads Creative. Everyone knows that you are TRULY, and not sarcastically, a creative genius.:)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if you aren't sure if you should listen to the feedback you got from your emails, are you going to listen to the feedback you get from here? :)

Seriously, I looked at them and there weren't any that were horrible. I say it seems that you've lived with something you haven't liked for long enough -- go with your gut, and enjoy the new logo.

Just another opinion...