Friday, September 19, 2008

Dallas Trip, Part 8 and I'm Done

I really had a great time on my trip. I saw some great facilities, saw some great gear, and met some great guys.

What I took away most from the experience is this:  Dallas tech guys have it going on. Why do I say this?

They all have a spirit of excellence. Neat departments, well-run programs.

They share a mutual respect for each other. To take it a step further, I'll go as far as to say that they all share a real love for each other. When Greg Atkinson asked me where all I was going, he offered nothing but glowing praise of his comrades. When I told Ryan Howell I'd be going to see Greg Davis, he said, "You're gonna love him and Fellowship." Greg Bacus had a really boyish smile when I mentioned Watermark. When one of them has something new going on, they all get together, have lunch, then check it out...together.

Obviously, these aren't the only guys doing great things in the Dallas area. These are just the ones I was fortunate enough to meet. They've inspired me to try to start up a forum of tech and creative people here in Lafayette.

But that's another post for another day...

No comments: