Monday, February 11, 2008

The End of an Era

OK, remember a while back, I blogged about our PAS cluster horns blowing? Well, as of 11:09 am CST, they're gone. A local audio company has worked us a deal on replacing them with a NEXO rig.  Paul McCasland and his guys came over this morning, and within an hour, we had these suckers down (by means of two hand cranks located above the ceiling - yikes!), apart, and on the truck. In a couple of weeks, the NEXO PS15s will be in place and we'll be a rockin'! We currently have a pair of PS15s and a Pair of PS8s temped in, and we're running full stereo (the way God intended).

This change represents the official end of all the gear of the previous regime, all the (old and antiquated) gear I inherited when I got this job. We how have all new QSC amps (3 years ago), Shure PSM-600 wireless in-ear monitors, a new Yamaha LS9 console, and the NEXOs are on their way. We're also about to do some major stuff with our TV audio, but that's a post for a later day...

Progress. Nothin' like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have nothing to add about the speakers. However, what about adding some more pics to your blog? I'm sure people are interested in seeing your handsome face and your slimming physique. Love you!

By the way, I left you a response on my blog. Check it out.