Thursday, February 21, 2008

She's Gone...

Well, it was a love affair that lasted for almost three years. I was driving a 1994 Buick Regal, which was given to us by my wife's family upon the death of her grandmother. Yep, that's right...I was driving a little old lady car. Anyway, once we entered booster-seat time with our youngest, Katie, I wanted to get something a little different, a little more fun. Screw practicality, I wanted speed and fun.
So I got her. A 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible. I had to go all the way to Moore, SC, but she was worth it. My wife and I made a little weekend getaway out of it. We flew to Atlanta, where we were picked up by a friend, driven to Moore, then spent the night with his family in Anderson, SC. The next day we all went into Atlanta for a little shopping and hanging out. That night, we drove to Birmingham, AL, and satyed with another friend, then drove home the following day.

Anyway, the car has been great, and I've enjoyed every minute of it, but Crossroads Church is in the middle of a stewardship campaign to raise money for our new 1500-seat auditorium. I knew I wanted to make a substantial pledge, but didn't know how I might fulfill it. One of the points in the campaign is to look at what you have in your hand. When I thought about it, this was the first thing I thought of.

So there it is. I love God more than I love my car. I sold it today, and will use the money to help fulfill my pledge to the campaign. Pray that God will bless me with another great car (I already have the make and model in mind...).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, it's always awesome to see another brother or sister take such bold steps as they follow Christ. I'm celebrating WITH you on what God's going to do through this.

Oh, and I got your DVD in the mail yesterday -- thanks! The stomp thing was awesome, and I would have been among those standing during the ovation had i been there. Later!

Mark Keefer said...

I drove a Buick Regal in driver's ed class. Smokin' car. Is that what you're hoping to end up with? Man, you set your sights high.

Very cool of you to do this tho Rich. I've never been able to out-give God, and neither will you. Knowing Him, you'll end up with a cooler car than what you gave up.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I'm sorry Chebah. Lol. It'll be okay.

-Apple