Monday, March 31, 2008

I Saw the Light (kits)

Crossroads Creative does a lot of field production when producing its pieces for use at Crossroads Church, and to sell on our website. Well, it's been six years, almost to the day, since I purchased my two Lowell Elemental kits.
They've been faithful workhorses, but tomorrow, I order two ARRI kits. The first consists of 4 1Ks with stands, scrims, barn doors, and case.
The second one consists of 2 600s and 2 300s with all the aforementioned accessories.
Once I have the new ones in, we'll do a little refurbishing of the old ones, and they'll go to our youth ministry. I'll probably (cases permitting) make up two identical sets, both consisting of 2 1Ks, a 600, and a 300.

All in all, I'm pretty excited about this transition, for a couple of reasons. First, it's always great to get new gear, especially stuff that is as great as the products manufactured by good old Arnold & Richter. Secondly, it's quite fulfilling to have gotten so much mileage out of the Lowells, which are viewed by many to be nothing more than pro-sumer grade stuff. I've literally produced about 1000 short films/commercials/sermon intros/TV shows with these, and they've performed well.

During my tenure at Crossroads Church (and Crossroads Creative), I've done my best to take care of what I have, so that not only do we get great usage, but great usage for a long period of time. I view all o my purchases as pretty serious investments, knowing that I'm spending God's money, money entrusted to me by faithful tithers and givers. I certainly wouldn't want to ever do anything that would not only ruin the trust that's been placed in me and my position, but more importantly, I wouldn't want to do anything foolish with that which is considered to be holy.

So, it's progress as promised, with no regrets...

No comments: