Monday, March 10, 2008

Leapin' Leopards!

Well, I finally did it. We changed over to Leopard...almost.
At the beginning of the year, I upgraded my laptop from a 1.67 PowerBook to a dual 2.6 MacBook Pro, and got an iMac or our office manager. My other production computers are:  two quad 3.0 Mac Pros (one for video and one for audio), and (keeping the retro theme alive) a dual 2.7 G5 for graphics. They all have Leopard now, so bring on the simplified connectivity and organization!

We have two other Macs for presentation in the main auditorium:  a dual 2.0 G5 (running ProPresenter) and a dual 1.86 Mini (running PowerPoint for teleprompter and pre-service announcements). They're both getting Leopard this week.

Another cool thing I'm doing this week is upgrading the RAM for our audio and video computers. Audio is getting 4GB, and video is getting 8GB, which should help our new AfterEffects CS run a little quicker (just in time for editing our Easter production pieces!). The graphics G5 already has about 5 GB of RAM, so we're set there. BTW, I don't buy RAM from Apple, because it's way cheaper at Crucial.

All in all, I love working on Mac. We used to have an Avid Xpress 3.0 on a 512 MHz PC, but I ditched that nonsense four years ago and never looked back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a pretty catchy title! I like it!

Mark Keefer said...

Just saw Daphne's song, and I must say, that I always thought she was a good singer, but she sounded even better than I remember!

Plus Rich, she's looking great too - way too cute for you. :)

I guess that shows a happy woman! Good job.

(Oh, and Chana's way too cute for me too if you're offended... we both done good)