Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Pretty Much Over...

I just got home from a 4-hour rehearsal for our Easter Production at Crossroads Church. Our current series is entitled "Betrayal" and we're doing a Judas vs. Peter thing. The twist is that most of the live acting takes place behind a huge hound's tooth scrim.
It holds significance for me, because my wife and I wrote it. She wrote all of the live drama stuff, and I wrote the scripts for the videos.

Our two videos include one where we see four different people who are about to betray someone, either a boss, a spouse, a best friend, or an expecting girlfriend. The other features the same four people, except we realize that they did not commit betrayal after all.

We've even worked in Hoobastank's "The Reason," and a revamped version of the 25-year-old "Judas Kiss," by none other than Petra.

Anyway, after our two run-throughs on Saturday, it's out of my hands. I'm just a spectator at that point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard, Are you going to post any of these videos? We've been talking about using Google Video to post a video of our Easter Service.

I'd love to have a look at your 4 video things -- especially after all the work I'm sure you've put into them. :)

Good luck today!

Richard Gaspard said...

I may try to do it once the whole thing is post-edited. We had seven songs, and hey all have to be remixed. Keep checking back.