Monday, March 24, 2008

Satan's Own Calendar

Okay, I've got it figured out...
As I sit here, watching "The Ten Comandments" with my daughters (don't ask...), eating Easter candy leftovers, I've just had a revelation.

My enemy, Satan, has finely crafted a scheme to keep me fat. He has set up the American calendar to arrange it so that just when I'm doing well, another event comes along to blow my diet. Here's the list:

January:  New Year's Day
February:  Valentine's Day
March/April:  Easter
May:  Mother's Day
June:  Father's Day
July:  Independence Day
August:  My birthday
September:  Labor Day
October:  Halloween
November:  Thanksgiving
December:  Christmas

And then it all repeats again, year after year, pound after miserable pound. If these were the only times I ate, then it wouldn't be a big deal, but c'mon, give me a break!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Heh! I am with you on this Rich! It's a conspiracy! :)